Saturday, August 23, 2003

Poetry and writer's block

Untitled (for now)

Anxiety mounts on
the edge of
waiting for
the first step into
surety

ilikeswords just showed me something very interesting about DaVinci's Last Supper. Go here http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/vinci/lastsupp.jpg and check it out, especially the person to Jesus' right. It'll make you think. Guess I have to put "The DaVinci Code" on my reading list, huh? Also "The Devil Wears Prada," simply because it sounds so interesting.

As was expected, ilikeswords told me I was way off base with my scene, "but at least you're writing, and that's a good thing." Wait a minute, when was the last time you wrote anything? Huh, huh??? (See, that's the problem with blogs; I know he's going to see this...is he going to be mad at me? Will he just not mention it? Is he going to purchase a voodoo doll in my image and burn it in effigy? The possibilities really are endless.) So yeah, now I'm waiting for something he's written. Hopefully it won't be from like chapter 30, book 2 when I think the last thing I have falls roughly into chapter 4, book 1.

Hopefully, after a good beating up of myself at the gym today, I'll feel a little inspired to tackle some of the written language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home