Saturday, April 23, 2005

Thoughts on the News

So the terrorist whose name is Mossouasi or whatever...everytime I see it I think of Mousalini (whose name I also can't spell). I find that strange.

There was an article this morning in The Harford Courant about how it is now forbidden for athletic coaches to trade tickets for cars. I'm sorry, why did they think this was acceptable to begin with? I don't care how much those freakin' tickets are worth, they don't equal a car. Although the football coach is apparently guilty of it, so are the two basketball coaches. And we all know how I feel about the basketball teams at UCONN. This just gave me another reason to dislike them.

The situation in Iraq doesn't seem to be getting better. I know the Senate just granted the military more money to continue funding it, but...they're still blowing each other up over there with alarming regularity. We in the U.S. have many problems, but this is not one of them.

I read an article in Time magazine yesterday about Ann Coulter. Did you know she was raised in New Caanan? Anyway. I am very happy for her that she's getting the voice of a woman out there in politics, especially T.V. politics, but she's SO right wing. I don't consider myself a liberal by any means, but this Coulter woman scare the be-jeesus out of me. Still, it was a very interesting article. Apparently, she's just speaking her mind, but she also hopes to get a laugh out of you too. She said somewhere in the article that she felt laughter was an easier tactic for "conversion."

My vacation is drawing to a sharp and dramatic close. I have a pile of papers to correct and really know idea what I'm going to do with my students when I see them on Monday. Well, that's only 1/2 true...I don't know what to do with my seniors. Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home