Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Yikes...3 bloggless days...Iapologize

-pee-
You are the Social Anxiety disorder rock! :(


::Which rock personality disorder (from the Zoloft commercial) should you have? (Results contain pictures!)
brought to you by Quizilla


Look, Jer, we match ;)

So while Kelly worries about the existence of love, I'm just going to sulk about how badly I'm doing as a teacher. Suprisingly, it's not classroom management. I just have a really hard time conveying what I want the students to get out of the lessons. Also, I expect them to be able to do too much without scaffolding. It really doesn't help that I'm feeling ultra-confined by this curriculum...I cannot choose what I'm teaching, or really how I'm teaching it, or even how I'm assessing the students on how well they learned what I'm teaching them. Everything is very prescribed. My university supervisor says I should talk to my co-operating teachers about it, but what am I supposed to say: "I know your students are really bright and do really well, but your system sucks for me and I am suffocating under the assimiliation of the Collective" Should I just start calling myself Seven of Nine now, or wait until December?

Seriously, maybe this was a bad idea. The patience thing...the thing I figured for sure would do me in, is something I'm learning easily. But these units...my lessons...they just aren't working. And of course there's someone in the room telling you "Yeah, you're really not making any sense." I can't wait for my midterm grade...can ya tell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home