Saturday, June 19, 2004

Last full day :(

So yesterday was really cool. First, we were good and went to the gym. Let me just say that while gyms should not be freezing, when you are in Texas, a certain amount of cool air is to be expected. Do ya hear that Bally's? Worked out for about an hour total, but did take a long stretch break because the good treadmills (read: the ones that you can actually lean stuff on like your CD player and bottle of water) were in use.

Second, we went to the mall and bought Hogwarts house shirts. Well, I bought a Hogwarts crest shirt, but the other two got house shirts. We need to have our pictures taken in them. Bulkyand I posed for some pictures in our pirate shirts, which we must re-don now that Dendera has one of her own.

After THAT, we went to downtown San Antonio and...the Alamo! It will be difficult NOT to remember the Alamo, as we did take a whole bunch of pictures. I also bought a book about the women of the Alamo for myself, along with souvenirs for the man in my life. And possibly my brother. I haven't decided if I want to give it to him or keep it for myself. ;)

My only regret is that I couldn't find the room where John Bowie died. But we did get to see a gun that belonged to David Crockett. It was a tres-cool experience. Whilst in lovely downtown SA, we went to the Rivercenter mall, where we enjoyed Italian food for lunch (mmmm, Margheritia pizza) and a nice bottle of wine. Then we walked all around the mall to get rid of the yummy lunch. We stumbled across an IMAX theatre and...well, Harry Potter was going to be playing in just a few minutes. So off we dashed and I really much enjoyed the show this second time around. Knowing what not to expect, I could enjoy what was there.

Today Dendera and I have much to do.

2 Comments:

At 6/19/2004 4:10 PM, Blogger Anathema said...

You got Hogwarts house shirts? Where? Think they might be available back east? Need to know!!!

 
At 6/20/2004 8:50 AM, Blogger LadyVader said...

Yes, you can buy them back east; we got 'em at Hot Topic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home