Friday, June 18, 2004

Winding down

In typical Lady fashion, I set my alarm clock for eastern standard instead of central time, so I'm up an hour earlier than I have to be. Why not just go back to bed, you might be asking me. Or you might be laughing at my stupidity. Regardless, to answer the question, it's because once I'm awake...that's it, I'm up. I can't fall back asleep. So Miroku (that's the cat) and I are just hanging out at the moment. (I almost typed "meowment"...weird).

There's really only two days left of my little Texas adventure, and I am saddened by this. First, because I haven't seen these folks in FOREVER, and Kelly's deployment has all of us more than a little nervous. I'll get her address, though, and force whatever students I have next fall to write to her unit. :) Obviously, I will write to her as well, I'm just saying.

Second reason for my saddness is because I feel like I haven't done a lot. Which isn't entirely true. We went to the missions, we went spelunking, we ate Mexican food (lots of Mexican food...I'm so ready for pizza), we ate Japanese food (pretty yummy, although Sushi (no fish) is a little weird) and today we're going to the Alamo (finally!) along with a dance club so we can shake our respective groove thangs. Still, I feel like I missed something from this whole experience. That's okay though, because I'm definitely coming back. Hot, but beautiful down here. I don't feel like I have enough pictures of the girls and I, either. This must be rememdied.

And now, of course, we're kinda-sorta planning a trip to Japan for...I don't know, sometime. And I've already offered up the bf's services as a tour guide, although he doesn't know about that yet. Ooops, sorry babe! ;) Well, he always talks about wanting to go back, the girls totaly want to go, and I'm definitely up for it so...well, he has to take me to London, but after that...

I hope those of you who I'm not with (and those of you I am with) are having a good week. I'll be home Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home