Friday, March 04, 2005

TGIFF

Yes, the double-F is intentional. Fill in your own adjective.

I have this horrible muscle tension where my shoulder blends into my back on the right side of my body. It's like a reached for something wrong, but the pain won't go away. I probably should have gone to the gym to stretch it out, but as I thought I was going to drop into a coma when I got home, I decided instead to just forgo the gym for the entire week. I believe that is some kind of recent record on my part.

So far, my seniors seem to be enjoying Night, which makes me mildly happy. I'm subjecting my poor freshmen to CAPT stuff, but I promised the another novel after this so hopefully they'll play along just enough. I had some kids give me some stuff to grade today, but because of the way my schedule went, it didn't make it onto their progress reports. I'll probably call parents to let them know that the work did get in, and what the current grade is. After I call all the parents of kids who really ARE failing. Two very different groups.

We had a yay-for-me moment today at a department meeting, which involved a CAPT exercise I'm doing with my freshmen. Seriously, my co-workers applauded me. This was mostly because our VP was in the room, but still. Yay. It didn't change my outlook on this asinine (I love that word) week, but gave it a little up-turn at the end.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum. My co-workers are all going out next Friday for drinks and maybe dinner. Not sure on that. Anyway, one of the other English teachers has threatened to spread nasty rumors about anyone who doesn't show up, especially me because I missed the last 2 gatherings (for Christmas I was sick, for the other I was going to the Goddess Conference). Said teacher also promised to buy me my first drink however. Now, why is this a problem? B/c the boyfriend and I will be celebrating 5 years on Friday. Not that I'm looking for suggestions, but it's a weird thing to be figuring out.

TGIFF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home