Friday, March 11, 2005

Trailer

Because for some reason, my friend Amanda's blog won't allow me to post, I shall muse here on the subject of the Ep III trailer.

Now, as most of you know, I have liked the prequels as a whole. You cannot tell me they suck. Well, I mean, you can, and I totally agree with your right to your opinion, but you're not going to change my mind. So if you just want to tell me I'm insane and wrong, then find some place else to post.

That said, I liked the trailer. Really, I liked it a lot. I didn't mind the dialogue, I didn't mind the action. I'm just REALLY excited for this movie to come out. My only sort of...whatever about both of the trailers we've seen so far is this--why are we only seeing Natalie Portman from the boobs up? We know Padme is pregnant in the movie, otherwise where would L&L come from. Anyhew. In case anyone wants my hypothesis, I don't think Anakin is interested in power so much as someone letting him do things his way--which is EXACTLY what the Emperor is offering. And when the council won't let him be a Master, that's just saying "Yeah, you might be the Chosen One, but you're still a pansy ass kid." Anakin wants to make something of himself, and doesn't like the rules holding him back. (Lest we forget the wrench-throwing scene of Ep II).

May 19th, where art thou?

1 Comments:

At 3/12/2005 9:27 AM, Blogger Anathema said...

Goerge walked out of his room after said trailer with a pillow and a blanket and explained he was gonna go camp out. Now.

I have made no bones about how much I disliked the first two movies. I didn't like Phantom, and I thought any scene with Padme and Anakin was full on crap in Clones. I don't even think it was the actors, with the exception of a few scences most of the writing was horrible.

Having said that, I think Revenge of the Sith is going to be awesome. The trailer looked fantastic and I think they will do this sucker justice. And that's what I have to say about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home