Monday, March 28, 2005

Who are these kids? And why do they keep handing me papers?

So tomorrow begins the hell known as CAPT testing. Remember taking the SATs and how stupid the proctor sounded? Now I get to be that stupid-sounding proctor. Woo-hoo. I'm all for standardization of instructions, but do they have to sound so brain dead? A valid question, I feel.

So Easter was very Easter-like, the bunny brought me two spring-colored shirts and some Hershey Hugs. I did NOT get any Cadburry Cream Eggs, however, and I feel I must rectify this situation asap. How can you have Easter without the Cream Eggs? Yet another valid question.

Okay, so the outside reading project is on take 2 for most of my students. You would be amazed at how many of them "forgot" about it and are now complaining they have a weak to read an entire book and do a project. If you wanted to see my sympathetic face, it wasn't going to be today.

Target sent me a gift card thing in the mail and informed me that "Darth Vader will be waiting at a Target near you." It's a $1-off coupon for any Star Wars figurine on April 2. But my hopes were very high for a few moments there.

Here's to a weird-ass week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home