Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Snow or no?

Okay, it's spring. So why are they predicting 5-8 inches of snow for tonight into tomorrow? Is this fair? Is this just? Is this at all remotely what I want out of my life at the end of March?

Yeah, I guess it doesn't really matter what I want, does it?

I went to work today like a good oompa-loompa, only to find out my seniors were horrible to the sub. So when they started complaining about her, I said "You guys were horrible, what were you thinking?" and wouldn't let the discussion continue. Bad practice? Quite possibly. Will I live with it? Yupper.

I re-read the beginning of a Star Wars story I wrote last year (or was it the year before? Anyway...) and am wondering why I was trying so hard to re-write it. It really is...well, good. I found a typo in it, but other than that, I was pretty pleased with the material. Maybe I should just go with it and add on to what is there already. Not that writing fanfiction is a productive use of one's writing skills, but the fear of failure is lessened because you know no one will ever expect you to publish the thing, so as long as you're happy with it and the characters remain relatively true to themselves, what IS the problem?

That's all the wisdom my stuffy head can muster. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home