Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Day-After-Ouch

You know that feeling you get after working out with weights for the first time (ever or in awhile)? The day you do it, you're tired but not sore. And then you know how much the next day sucks? We're on day two.

Anyway, it occured to me as I pulled The Phantom of the Opera out of my gym bag that the people who treadmill around me probably think I'm crazy. Most read pop-culture magazines, trashy romance novels, or easy-to-digest best sellers. Me? I tend to engage in classic works of literature. I finished Phantom today and must say it was much easier to digest than some of the other pieces of the time period. A good read for anyone interested in the non-Hollywood version of the story.

The dog is insane today. We have no idea why.

I have figured out how to show A League of Their Own to my juniors; worship me for my ingenuity. Or at least be mildly entertained with my laziness.

Last day of the cycle tomorrow; only one double. Of course, it is with those absolutely insidious sophomores, but whatever.

Entertaining quote from Cordeliah: "I hook up with the one person who came to L.A. to get older."

2 Comments:

At 5/04/2005 10:12 PM, Blogger leila said...

Even though it's not required of me, I'm going to try to attempt Finnegan's Wake. Whee! riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs!!!! ;)

 
At 5/05/2005 10:09 AM, Blogger Likestrek said...

There's no crying in English class!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home