Tuesday, September 09, 2003

I got a grade book today! Whee!

My inner child is sixteen years old today

My inner child is sixteen years old!


Life's not fair! It's never been fair, but while
adults might just accept that, I know
something's gotta change. And it's gonna
change, just as soon as I become an adult and
get some power of my own.


How Old is Your Inner Child?
brought to you by Quizilla


Ha ha, I'm older than ilikeswords ;)

So I didn't get to read my poem in class today, but thank you for your definitions, all. I had to go to uber-uber-dictionary to get the definition. I shall now post my crappy poem for you in all it's glory...enjoy!

in a Paleozoic chapel
shaded by hirsute willows
strangers congregate
with a warehouse full of love

metamorphosed from polydipsia
to an inert huddle
hoping the asteregnosis will soon
subside

Yeah, as you can see, the words don't really go together. But it's kind of fun to read outloud. Try it, you'll see!

So the next assignment these kids got is to find a passage of 50-100 words that they will widdle down to about half and construct a poem out of. Can be a passage from anything. I think I'm going to rummage through my Star Wars adaptations (ESB or ROTJ) and see if I can find anything good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home