Wednesday, May 26, 2004

New digs

So, what do you all think of the new crib? Since I wasn't moving out of my parents' house, I figured I'd just redecorate my blog instead.

Actually having a pretty good week with my students; I think they might be learning what I'm teaching. We won't know for sure, of course, until I see the final drafts of their papers next week but...cross your fingers for them.

I had an interview at a high school yesterday that I think went pretty well. I gave them a very memorable answer when I said that I was a morning person and that was why they should hire me. The people were very nice. I have a second interview on June 8th at the middle school in the town I'm teaching in right now, so I'm excited about that too. This is not the teaching interview, however. So I'm wondering if they're going to cut that out of the process (hope hope) or they decided to add another round. This round involves meeting with the principal. I'm getting sent to the principal's office, which never happened when I was a sprout.

Finished reading The Time Machine, which was actually pretty good, but much shorter than I had expected. I am currently reading The Bad Beginning which is one in a set of about 11 YA books by, get this, Lemony Snicket. It's about 3 kids whose parents die in a fire and they have to go live with crazy Uncle Count Olaf. That's as far as I've gotten, but the writer has an entertaining style.

I can't believe the Gathering is in just over 2 weeks. I feel like it took forever to get here and now...bam, no time left! I'm hope, hope, hoping I'll have some sort of vocational stability before I leave. Which reminds me..must order Kel's birthday present.

2 Comments:

At 5/27/2004 2:43 PM, Blogger leila said...

The Gathering?

Did I miss something? When did we start playing Highlander? *grins*

 
At 5/28/2004 2:24 PM, Blogger LadyVader said...

Many moons ago, when I was in high school. When internet friends & I got together for the first time, I dubbed it "The Gathering," for I was into Highlander (Well, Adrian Paul) in a big way around then. It stuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home