Sunday, May 16, 2004

Boredom & Movie Reviews

I need to do something fun and exciting. My life has become painfully monotonous. I will be attending a wedding in 2 weeks, so that is something, but still. I'm slowly losing what is left of my sanity just for the sheer drudgery of it all. Right now I'm waiting for the bf to wake up so we can go shopping for his friend's wedding present. Yes, the one in two weeks. SOMEONE has been putting off the shopping, but we won't mention any names.

We went to see "Troy" on Friday night. It was very good. However, there were these three women sitting in front of us who kept giggling at really inappropriate moments. BF thinks they were scholars of the story who found the Hollywoodization ridiculous. I think they just didn't get it. I might not know "The Iliad" inside and out, but I know it well enough to say that it was a more or less faithful representation of Greek society at the time, and the story as a whole. Yes, changes were made, but they were understandable, given the audience and the need for "an ending." They've also set themselves up for doing "The Odyssey" and "The Aenid" if they feel so inclined.

Brad Pitt actually made a believable Achilles, which I know a lot of people were leary about. No matter how hard I try, I still think Paris is a schmuck (right up there with Lancelot), even if he does look as lovely as Orlando Bloom with those curls...dreamy sigh. The guy who plays Boromir redeems himself as Odysseus. The chiqua who played Helen...well, did a good job of portraying a conflicted whore. We'll just leave it at that.

Season Finale of "Charmed" is tonight; 2 hours. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home