Thursday, May 13, 2004

Goods and bads

Today is going to be a really long day because I don't actually teach any classes. Normally I would but the seniors are taking their IB exams so the woman I'm covering for has told them to not bother coming to class; they should just study the whole time. My juniors have gym today. All this adds up to me coming in for 6 hours to cover a study hall at the end of the day.

I got to sleep in for 1/2 an hour today though, so that was nice. Totally worth it, too.

I am very worried about the direction "The West Wing" has suddenly taken. Donna nearly got blowed up, and now the previews for next week don't indicate many good things for her. How are she and Josh supposed to get together if she's dead? Hmm, answer me that.

I have a preliminary interview tomorrow morning at 11:30. Kind of excited. Went and found the place yesterday afternoon; not too terribly difficult to get to. Yay.

But the REAL crap news came when I got home yesterday and my plan of study was returned to me with my US History course crossed out. Excuse me, but that's a state requirement. Now I only have 42 credits. The plan was approved however. I was irate and, of course, no one at freakin' UCONN returned my calls. Guess I'll have to use my down time productively today and try to get someone to explain to me what the freak happened.

Since Saturday, I have finished two books that I started either last summer or during the semester, including "The Lost Years of Merlin" Volume 1--a young adult novel, but a pretty interesting read. I ordered the two sequels to it online yesterday. I am now reading a book called "Never Cry Wolf," by Farley Mowat. My father talks about this guy all the time, so I picked up the book at Goodwill for 50 cents or something like that. It's a true story about this guy's time studying wolves in Canada. Really quite interesting. His vocabulary level is much higher than I expected, but he's also got a wicked sense of humor.

I will assume I'm not just talking to myself out here, even though I have not been tagged in many moons. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home