Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Keepin' on keepin' on

Oh my G-d, is it only Tuesday? I am so wiped out. I definitely need to start exercising again because my energy level is non-existant. I've been feeling really guilty about food lately too because I don't feel like I can eat anything but vegetables and fruit: too many carbs makes you fat; too much animal product gives me a heartattack. And I know woman should be able to live on plant life alone, but it's SO BORING. A salad is a salad is a salad, you know?

Might be teaching summer school after all this year; June 21-July 29. Cuts it a little close with the trip, but the tickets are purchased, so I'll just have to find out what books/subjects I'm teaching a head of time. Summer school is only 4 days a week, and I think only 1/2 a day anyway so...woohoo.

I need to stop spending money. I must be someone who benefits from retail therapy because I blew lots of money on clothes and I'm buying books like crazy online. I have piles of books to read, and I'm buying more.

Tried to start reading "La Morte D'Arthur" but it just wasn't grabbing me. I might shelve that as something I'll read someday, but I want to read new and different stuff right now. I'm not giving up on Arthur as a whole, but I've read so many adaptations of the story, that my mind doesn't want to go through one of the "originals" right now. So I started reading "The Handmaid's Tale" off and on in the library here. I'm going to take it home and finish it tonight.

That's life on the east coast, hope everyone is doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home