Wednesday, June 23, 2004

First day on the job

Well, I feel bad for the kids because I didn't plan enough to keep 'em really busy and active for the 2 1/2 hours I had them. Still, they seemed (emphasis important) to be a good group of kids, but that could just be first day jitters. I'm hoping to avoid discipline problems, as these kids don't really have anything to fall back on if they fail my class. I was working on lesson plans this afternoon, but I've fallen back into the nasty habit of watching TV rather than doing work or reading. I don't want to store the TV, because I think it'd probably get destroyed, so I'm hoping the house sitting will keep me away from the TV...although they have DSL. *sigh*

Okay, here's a little fun I found on Sreya's livejournal. Go to fanfiction.net and search by summary for your name. Post the worst one's you can find.

Mine include:

Will and Grace Meets Hogwarts! by Novalee
ok i kno many peepz dont kno what show will and grace is but iff you read this, then you'll know. Will, the sensible gay man. Jack, the jubilant gay man, Karen, the extravagant married woman, and Grace, the single straight female. and of course, our favor

The Diary of Karen Riddle by angua27
Karen Riddle is a muggle who is investigating her ancestors and their mysterious deaths when she... well, that would be telling. Karen is NOT Voldemort's daughter or sister.

The Sith Princesses by Kelly Black
A long time ago in a gallaxy far far away... From the co-creator of the Star Wars fan fiction Legacy comes the story of two young girls, born in the light only to have their lives etched in darkness. Features: Niekal Hasro and Lady Rage Vader

Child of the light and the darkness by Shadow39
(KOTOR) AU! Karen was just a young girl (5) when it happend, a freak attact killed her parents and left her with no memory what so ever. Now 16 alot of stuff is going down and its all leads to....

I was not self-insterted into Inuyasha, apparently.

*a la Black Willow* Bored now.

2 Comments:

At 6/23/2004 8:29 PM, Blogger Anathema said...

Wanna bet that if I go do it...my name is NOT gonna pop up? Just a thought...

 
At 6/24/2004 7:07 PM, Blogger LadyVader said...

Unless the author is like me and looks for obscure ethnic names when writing fiction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home