Monday, February 07, 2005

Absolutely no comment

I refuse to discuss the Super Bowl, except to say that another small child was sacrified during half time to allow the catastrophe to continue, and I hope all you Patriot fans are eaten up with guilt.

So, I'm getting observed on Wednesday for the final observation of the year. I am not too nervous about the situation, except that it is my V.P. that's coming in and he sometimes interjects while I teach. HOWEVER, there was some positive news from my mentor, because the Department Head told her that he thought I was a good teacher and that he hoped they didn't lose me because I have the ability to teach the upper level (like AP) kids. OH MY GOD! That is the biggest compliment EVER for me and I'm like...wow, I hope they don't can my ass this year. (Did you love how that entire paragraph does NOT sound or look like an English teacher wrote that? We'll call it irony.)

Remember that joke I started for all of you about the woman who brought her car in for an oil change? Well, the punchline was $493.22. Yeah, that blows. I've got to pay bills tonight after I do some correcting/lesson planning, but I might need to have a drink as I watch my bank balance dwindle. But, I must say, having money coming in regularly makes the pain a little more bearable.

10 days until I arrive in Texas. I am RIDICULOUSLY excited about being back down there with my fellow goddesses, and I hope it's warmish too. It was 58 degrees when I drove through the center of town today and I was in heaven. God, do I love spring and summer? It's warm, it's sunny...how can you NOT love that? Snow is quaint, a nice thing to visit but nothing I want to stay around too awful long.

Oh! I bought myself (with the left over gift card money of my brother's) a double-CD of Jimmy Buffet music. I love Jimmy Buffet. And I like all the songs I've never heard before that are on these CDs. And he's totally feeding the vacation lust I've got right now.

I leave you on a Fiona Apple note; take it where you will:

Criminal

I've been a bad bad girl
I've been careless with a delicate man
And it's a sad sad world
When a girl will break a boy
Just because she can
Don't you tell me to deny it
I've done wrong and I want to
Suffer for my sins
I've come to you 'cause I need
Guidance to be true
And I just don't know where I can begin

What I need is a good defense
'Cause I'm feelin' like a criminal
And I need to be redeemed
To the one I've sinned against
Because he's all I ever knew of love

Heaven help me for the way I am
Save me from these evil deeds
Before I get them done
I know tomorrow brings the consequence
At hand
But I keep livin' this day like
The next will never come

Oh help me but don't tell me
To deny it
I've got to cleanse myself
Of all these lies till I'm good
Enough for him
I've got a lot to lose and I'm
Bettin' high
So I'm beggin' you before it ends
Just tell me where to begin

What I need is a good defense
'Cause I'm feelin' like a criminal
And I need to be redeemed
To the one I've sinned against
Because he's all I ever knew of love

Let me know the way
Before there's hell to pay
Give me room to lay the law and let me go
I've got to make a play
To make my lover stay
So what would an angel say
The devil wants to know

What I need is a good defense
'Cause I'm feelin' like a criminal
And I need to be redeemed
To the one I've sinned against
Because he's all I ever knew of love

What I need is a good defense
'Cause I'm feelin' like a criminal
And I need to be redeemed
To the one I've sinned against

Because he's all I ever knew of love

2 Comments:

At 2/08/2005 9:58 AM, Blogger Likestrek said...

I love that Fiona Apple song. I will refrain from commenting about the Super Bowl. Here anyway...

 
At 2/09/2005 2:07 PM, Blogger Tusc said...

Cool song. Interesting video. Of course, my maleness has always gotten in the way. We get the vibe from the sounds, the rhythm and the chorus... I must admit I've never quite paid much attention to lyrics. This has made me enjoy songs for many years before finally discovering their meanings and thinking... "aw darn, I USED to like that song..." =P

I hope your observation has gone well today. I await your update, which I hope to hear soon. Bye! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home