Sunday, February 06, 2005

Hell Briefly Froze Over

Yes folks, I did something yesterday I never thought I'd do--I went skiing. I didn't injure myself in any permanent way, although I am a little sore, and I didn't have the world's worst time with it. I don't think it's something that I'll want to go out and do every weekend, but if a few people got together and said "Hey, let's go skiing" once or twice a winter, I probably would go along. Spend most of my time in the lodge, but go nonetheless.

Temperment has not changed much since last time I posted, so if anyone finds me in a funk, you'll understand not to take it personally. Having to wrap my mind around somethings and come to some sort of conclusion.

Did I tell y'all that I got a haircut? 'Cause I did. Took off a "good" inch and a half, so now my hair is short, but has a little more spunk than one with my hair texture can ever hope for. I might actually try growing my hair out this time though, seeing if I like it long again. I do miss certain aspects of longer hair, but don't like how flat it is on me.

Hoping to do something interesting with my 3 1/2 day weekend this coming weekend, but no definitives yet.

Hope everyone had a splendid break from work-place monotony.

1 Comments:

At 2/09/2005 2:00 PM, Blogger Tusc said...

You were vewy bwave, dear. =) I'm glad that you, in your own words, "didn't not like it." For a first-time skier, you kicked some frozen butt. Henry ruled. I'm glad he was able to give you so much personal attention.

I still say that if you like the long easy glide, we ought to try Okemo some time before the snow all melts away. They have many miles of different trails and slopes. You can take a 5 minute ride straight up the hill and then a 20 minute glide down the sides.

In any case, it was fun to have my own ski bunny along with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home