Thursday, April 14, 2005

Sure, whatever

Who has a migraine? *raises hand*

I just want to say I'm a little put off that no one commented on my writing. Frownie face. :( I guess you all took the "or not" part seriously. ;)

Anyway, here's something I stole from Dendera's new blog.

1. Go into your LJ's archives.
2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.

"He liked it and then grabbed Goblet of Fire before he left."--August, 2003.

Tomorrow is Friday. This is good on many levels:

1. It is the weekend.
2. It is vacation.
3. I have a facial.
4. Grandparents arrive!

So after having an unruly group of freshmen boys today, I sat down and asked them to write about WHY it was they couldn't follow directions, sit in their seats or listen to each other speak. They wrote some very interesting things. After that, we discussed what we were doing for work, so out went Dogsong and in came (groan) poetry. I'm actually going to bring The Empire Strikes Back in for them tomorrow (mental note). My other group has ditched the book in favor of The Odyssey (yay!) and then we will do poetry as well. My seniors are getting a test tomorrow.

Oh! Much amusement. The entire (well nearly entire) senior class decided they wanted recess today, so when the lunch bell rang they all went out to the track and started playing ball. Our poor principal...I had 9 kids in my class for a good 20 minutes before the rest wandered in.

Department head backed me up on the plagirism thing. Go me.

Stay tuned for a pictoral surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home