Thursday, February 10, 2005

Pacing

No, not in the literal, walking-up-and-down-the-floors sense. I'm talking about the pacing of writing. Very few things that I have read lately have seemed appropriately paced; either too fast or too slow. I just finished Ancestors of Avalon and while the story was interesting enough, it felt kind of...stunted, and alternately rushed. Very strange. I have to pick a new book from my pile, which has not grown quite as exponentially as it has in the past. I have quite a few YA books that I haven't read yet, but I really am still in a selfish reading-for-me mode and want to read the things that I find interesting.

I just realized I left a stack of copies on the machine at work. I am such a moron. This wouldn't be such a problem except I won't be going back there until Monday (yay for 3.5 day weekends!) Oh well...someone'll just leave it on a table in a pile somewhere; I doubt they'll throw out my tests. Waste of paper and what not.

So I'm probably not going to be saying much over the next 60 hours or so...bf and I are taking a jaunt up to Boston until Saturday, then coming back to CT for the Wolfpack game Saturday night. I might bring my laptop with me in case I am inspired to create things that look like stories, but internet access is questionable. And it IS supposed to be time with the bf, so you're all probably S.O.L...try to exist without me. :)

I have quiz results, and am deeply concerned that, of the 5 posted on Leila's blog, she and I only differed on one answer, and that one was very close. Since Leila and I don't know each other THAT well, I find that interesting and invite comment from either she, or other parties who know us.





Your Famous Blogger Twin is Wil Wheaton





You're a friendly, funny guy (or girl) next door
With more than a touch of geekiness








You Have A Type A- Personality



A-





You are one of the most balanced people around
Motivated and focused, you are good at getting what you want
You rule at success, but success doesn't rule you.

When it's playtime, you really know how to kick back
Whether it's hanging out with friends or doing something you love!
You live life to the fullest - encorporating the best of both worlds








You Are A Romantic Realist


You are more romantic than 40% of the population.






You tend to be grounded when it comes to romance.
Sure, you can fall hard... but only for someone you've gotten to know.
And once you're in love, you can be a total romantic goofball...
But you'd never admit it to your friends!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home