Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Woeful Wonderings

Maybe it's because it's "that time" but my level of excitedness about live is rather limited at the moment. Yes, we have Ep III in just 9 (!) days, which is of course stupdendous but sad and I can't wait to dish with my juniors about it when I see it, but still. Just over all, my life, my job, everything does not feel "good." Much like my kids, I can't wait for the summer, although I'm not really doing anything. Probably going up to Canada again to see my family, but with Europe put off until next year, I don't have much to look forward to.

I still want to move out of my house, but various monetary and other constraints are making me uneasy about the situation. In my gut, it feels like the right thing to do, but then my head and my heart get involved, and it just leaves me a sobbing, confused mess of a woman who wants to curl up in bed and watch old musicals.

There's just this...disconnect for me. I don't feel like I'm jiving with anyone or anything; just a little off-beat, or I'm coming in at the end of the joke and I don't want to ask them to repeat it. Or that everyone else around me has something to show for themselves, and that all I can point to is my job, and I find that profoundly sad. Not that I'm not happy to be employed but...

You are the DAIRY Food Group: You make people
strong around you, and you are always there for
those who need you. Way to go!!


What Food Group are You??
brought to you by Quizilla

Fashions ugliness
Your wise quote is: "Fashion is a form of
ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter
it every six months" by Oscar Wilde.
You are a very sarcastic person with a sharp
tongue. You may not be the one always talking,
but your mind is nevertheless critizing. You
tend to have a cynical view on life itself and
be somewhat withdrawn with who you really are.
Society now is in your eyes corrupted and you
wonder how the world will survive. And people
are in your mind very ignorant and blind to the
reality.


What wise quote fits you?(pics) UPDATED
brought to you by Quizilla

1 Comments:

At 5/11/2005 7:25 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Well, I'm gonna jump on the "visit me!" train and otherwise heartily agree with the rest of what Amanda and Sar said. Indeed, you should listen to your gut. The visceral wisdom of a thousand ancestors is more reliable than that of just one (albeit remarkable) 20-something lady, or even several of us. And as for the heart, well, you and I both know that it's the "dumb blonde" of the decision-making world.
Maybe you need a day or two alone to sort things out. You could go somewhere you like and do whatever you want to do, and see what happens. Sometimes you just need quiet and solitute to let heart, mind, and gut come to a consensus.
You can always call us, or e-mail in my case, if you need to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home