Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Sexual Harrassment Training

First of all, this session was a misnomer...I wasn't trained on how to sexually harrass; I was trained on how NOT to harrass people. This is just a minor complaint. It got me out of 3 periods today...one of which was my prep, of course, but I didn't have to deal with my senior study hall, so yay.

I am very angry at my textbook's version of Romeo and Juliet. They changed the infamous "A pox! A pox on both your houses!" to "A plague on both your houses." I know it means the same thing, but some of the umph! is just gone. This makes me terribly pissy.

That's pretty much it right now. Oh! Book reviews. I finished The Boy Who Couldn't Die by William Sleator. Typical teenage book, but it was a little darker, but not in a depressed suicidal way. Now I'm reading Monstrous Regiment at Bulky's insistence. So far, I am thoroughly amused.

A thought from CSI: "So besides time of death, what do our dead flowers have in common?"

4 Comments:

At 6/01/2005 9:41 PM, Blogger Anathema said...

I've read Monstrous Regiment! I ADORE Terry Pratchett...love him, he's my second favorite author. :) Read The Truth by him too...oh hell just read the entire Discworld Series...it's worth it.

 
At 6/02/2005 11:30 AM, Blogger Anathema said...

AHHHH! THAT"S LIKE MY FAVORITE BOOK!!!!!! (Which actually explains the sn)

Sorry...it's just been a long time since I've had someone new to discuss this type of thing with. I'm better now.

*excitedly bounces around in chair. At work. students are looking at me funny. silly students*

 
At 6/02/2005 12:04 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Marc has told me that "Good Omens" shaped his philosophy on life during early adolescence.
Sometimes I feel like I missed out on a whole lot of subculture in my youth.

 
At 6/02/2005 3:14 PM, Blogger Anathema said...

See, no one else understand the "gayer than a treefull of monkeies on nitrous oxide" comment. Or the "this is because books on witches are written by men" comments. Many life lessons can be learned from "Good Omens"

S.W.M.N.B.N - it actually shaped my early adolescence as well. Actually it's a very funny story that if I ever thought about it I would blog about and send it to Neil Gaiman (who is my FAVORITE author bar none) as his books were more than slightly influential in many aspects of life.

Amanda, man, you have a deal. Lightsabre and cloak are yours...I'll make my own. But Obi-Wan is going to be very busy.

I wonder if I can get him to teach me the ways of the Jedi mind tricks. If they can be used to influence the weak-minded, does that mean my students are fair game?

Crowley rocks. The plant mister rocks. And I want Dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home