Monday, May 30, 2005

Inspiration, Thai and Hot Topic

I began my day lazily, then proceeded to cull out the under section of my non-computer desk. As I gazed upon it, and pondered life outside my current room, I was suddenly re-bit with the inspiration to finish a project I had started long ago involving an endtable, some paint, and a stencil. Although the stencil was rather expensive, I have come to the realization that I simply do not have the talent to successfully translate said stencil into a piece of acceptable art. But I am now looking around my room at other pieces of furniture (small, mostly) that can be painted and transported to the new abode.

So then Anathema and I decided we were going to go out for Vietnamese food and some shopping. When I got to her apartment, Leila and Ehren were also joining us. So yay. Unfortunately, the restaurant in question was closed today, as it is apparently closed every Monday. So we instead ended up at a Thai restaurant. Yummy.

So although Ehren didn't want to go shopping, Anathema and Leila both wanted to get sunglasses, so we headed to the mall. After a successful purchase of protective eye wear, we went to Hot Topic because...well, cool shirts. While in said store, I bought a book of art by Amy Brown. This cycles back to the earlier inspiration, as I am now considering pasting a well-done picture onto my painted table and the putting a clear-coat or something on it to keep everything nice.

We finished our afternoon with a walk in a park (literally) and some ice cream. All in all, a pretty successful, yet completely non-productive day in the life of me.

I did a little bit of writing, inspired by the book. It's up on the "other" blog, for those of you who know the address.

1 Comments:

At 5/31/2005 6:00 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds almost like my day yesterday.. although I didn't get ice cream because King's Treat was closed for the bank holiday :p
Did go "strolling through a garden" and though it would be a nice place to take any old people who visit because of the slow-paced appeal of a stroll through gardens, along with any dates because there are little leaf-covered alcoves where nobody could see you, along with goddesses because of fab photo ops.
I heart England. Can't wait till you can visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home