Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Vampires

Okay, let me just say that I had a weird night. I've been reading Dracula and read about 30 pages of it last night before going to bed. For some reason, my brain was positively in overdrive afterwards. This used to happen to me when I was younger and read "scary" stories. Or, for that matter, when we had fire safety day in school. I'd get home at night, lie in bed, and think of all the horrible in-home catastrophes that could happen to my family. It wasn't that bad last night, but my brain just get rolling with ideas.

So I finally get to sleep and then my father wakes me up. At first I think I'm dreaming, but no, he's actually talking to me. It's almost 11, so my parents should be in bed. The bf called on the main house line, which is very weird, because he never calls that line after 9 o'clock 'cause he knows my parents are in bed. And he didn't even know what time it was.

So then I get into bed and start to dream. It involves my grad classmates, the alien from "Alien" and Ian McKellan. Oh, and a little terrier dog. It started out in class, I think, but then we were all running away from the alien, and it was like a T-Rex...it couldn't see us if we weren't moving. We ended up in this reception/conference room and one of my classmates (but not one that I recognized) was singing. Ian McKellan was playing piano and was, apparently, part of the group I was with. One of them was pregnant too. Anyway, the alien kept lurking around outside the room, and when the song was over we all ski-daddled out of there. In comes the terrier, who lead us into this maze of rooms, one of which looked like a radio station. They were all very sleek-lined though; no furniture, all chrome. Actually, it was just me following the dog at this point. Then it led me outside and I was on Main St, America and the dog was just lying down on the sidewalk. This little girl went to pet him and he nipped her. Then she started throwing snowballs at him, and the dog was chasing them. Anyway, she followed me back to this door that apparently led into the maze of rooms, but looked like a store front. She snuck into the building and now the room that had been all chrome looked quite a bit like a regular livingroom. All my classmates were in sleeping bags or on furniture, and I had to charge my cell phone.

Yeah, okay, someone figure THAT one out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home