Thursday, May 06, 2004

Getting Twitchy

So, on top of the fact that I'm teaching a group of kids that wish I was their other teacher, I'm also trying to correct papers not knowing any of the answers and prepare for my Celtic & Norse final. As I read over the questions that she gave us to study, I feel like I'm at a complete loss. The ideas sound and look familiar, but I cannot come up with any real solid pieces of evidence or answers. This, I feel, is partially my own fault, because I did not get a chance to really devote the proper amount of time to these books due to internship hell. But also...I don't know, the first half just seemed easier somehow.

Also, I have to teach a group of kids how to write a particular type of essay next week. This would not be a problem in & of itself, except the woman I need to talk to about it is leave in...well, 1/2 an hour...for the rest of the week (the whole day and a half, yes, I know)...actually, she's leaving sooner than that; her husband just came in. Anyway, so she won't be here today or tomorrow, and I have to try to study for my exam today, but I need to have at least one lesson done by Monday. I don't want to spend my first truly free weekend writing lesson plans, but that's probably what's going to happen.

On a slightly more up-beat note, I have an interview next Friday. It is just a preliminary thing, apparently, because I don't have to bring anything but my "sparkling personality." That's exactly what the lovely lady on the phone told me. I'll probably bring everything but my transcripts ('cause those are like gold) anyway, just in case. So I'll go to work in the morning, teach, drive to the interview, and then come back to cover the study hall. Next week I actually get to enjoy my late-coming-in perk for Thurs/Friday. Woohoo.

Did anyone else watch "Angel" last night? I did, 'cause I think Spike & Angel are very entertaining together. I was not disappointed. I think it's funny that they both still have a thing for Buffy. I wish Drusillia had had more on-screen time. 'Cause she's very cool, even if she is, well, insane. However, since I haven't been following the show one iota all season, confusion reigned supreme. What the heck happened to Connor? And why is Fred blue? I know Cordelia met her maker, so that didn't confuse me. Oh yeah, and when has this Immortal guy shown up before? 'Cause I have now seen most of the episodes of Buffy (still no Hush, however) and this is the first time I've heard of this guy. Anyone who can answer these questions...well, has my gratitude.

All right, I think I may go cry now. Or eat bad things. One is bad professionally, the other is bad for my health. I'm split down the middle on this one :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home