Saturday, July 17, 2004

Rant on Rap

Okay, this is driving me crazy. I cannot use my laptop to type new blogger posts. And my template on the parents' desktop does not give me all the fun text options that I can see but not use when I am on my laptop. WTF?

I'm going to come across as a bit of a...something, right now, but I have to say that I am firmly behind people who say that rap music is degenerating society. The current subject of my ire is Usher, but it really stretches to just about everybody. The exploitation of women, the way they sing about all their hos...it makes me sick. In particular, Usher's song "Confession pt. 2" when he talks about how his "jump off" is pregnant and he says "How do I know if it's mine?" *twitch twitch* And then the kids try to mimic their language, dress and attitudes...Does anyone else get what I'm...getting at?

I know that music of all types influences the kids who listen to it, but I don't think we had the same problem when, say, Poison was popular. So, besides the fact that you can't understand a goddamn thing they're saying, rappers are contributing to the downfall of American youth, black and white. Makes me sad.

My horoscope today said that I should start a new exercise or other self-improvement regimen today. Maybe it's time to focus on my inner workings, as I have been dreaming about high school excessively lately, and that means I need some spiritual education. I am going to go for a walk this morning before I buy a card for my friend's wedding.

My allergies are currently out of control! My eyes itch and are watery, I'm sneezing up a storm. WTF, man. It's the middle of July, this crap should not be happening.

"311" has redone "Love Song" by The Cure. I don't know how I feel about this.

1 Comments:

At 7/18/2004 11:56 AM, Blogger leila said...

i HATE it. NO ONE covers THE CURE. NO ONE!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home