Sunday, August 22, 2004

3-for-1 deal.

For the boringness that is my life, these past couple of days have been rather action-packed. Friday I went to see the bf at work for lunch, then went over to his house for awhile for a dip in the pool. The humidity on Friday...bleh, it was horrible. Friday night was fun and excitment at Anathema's apartment. Relatively speaking, I drank too much, but I got to hang out with some very cool people and shake my groove thang a bit. My groove thang hurt the next morning; it hadn't been shook in a while ;) Also got my official offer letter on Friday afternoon, so Monday in between orientation crap, I can sign my paperwork. Of course, because I was a lucky random-audit person for my transcripts, my certification is still pending and I, therefore, am only going to be paid as a sub until that goes through. Mf.

Saturday I awoke far too early from my 2 am bedtime, 1) because of the cat and 2) because the power went out and it suddenly got very quiet in my bedroom. We were sans electricity 'til about 12:30, which is why I didn't post yesterday in case anyone was wondering about that. Then my parents had some friends over and my father finally figured out how to get the digital camera to talk to the computer. But I was the one who figured out how to save the pictures in an easily locatable spot. Go me. I rock the kasbah.

Today is "get ready for re-entry into the real world" day. Sort of. I need to go through some of the crap in my room (I know, I keep saying that) and throw out stuff like old classified sections of the newspaper that I (thankfully!) no longer need. Have to figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow. Wish I knew the curriculum I'm going to be teaching; wouldn't that be nice?

Also, today is the time honored classic, Family Shooting Day. No, it's not where you go out and shoot your family, it's where you and your family go to the shooting range and shoot at paper targets. Mostly, this is so everyone can laugh at me as I cannot hit what I shoot at. It's really quite sad.

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2004 12:53 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

We're waiting to hear about that "real world" thing ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home