Friday, August 06, 2004

Road Trips, Quizzes, and Sea-God sacrifices

You're Fez!
You're Fez!


Which That 70's Show Character are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Take the quiz: "Which American City Are You?"

Cleveland
You are blue collar and Rock n Roll. You Work hard and party harder.

Well, I'm back from Canada. The trip back was worse than the trip there, mostly because Dad & I were stuck waiting in border traffic for an hour in a car that had no gas so we had to keep turning it off instead of idling. After that, it was pretty straight forward.

It was definitely a nice vacation. I got to spend a lot of time with my cousin, who is just a wonderful person. She's got a beautiful little boy, she's funny, she's patient, she's smart...well, she's very much the kind of person I would like to be.

There are, however, no pictures from my trip. Why, you may ask? Well, Tuesday night we went to the beach with one of cousin's friend and the "baby" (he's two). I was taking some pictures while in the water, so I had my camera with me. I heard my cousin's friend say "uh oh" and when I turned aroudn the "baby" was under the water, flailing, with eyes as big as saucers, and looking more than a little frightened. He couldn't figure out how to stand up. So I rushed over to him and, camera in hand, picked him up out of the water. The sea gods demanded a sacrifice; my camera was a better alternative to the toddler.

Still don't have a job. I have an interview next Thursday for one of the technical high schools. I have to call a guy about a job in Texas, but I might put it off until Monday. I need to do laundry and clean out my suitcase. My cat woke me up far earlier than I would have liked. Gosh, it's good to be home.

2 Comments:

At 8/06/2004 11:22 AM, Blogger Likestrek said...

Welcome Back.

 
At 8/06/2004 1:29 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Yay! You're back! Glad to hear that your trip was fun and that you saved a family member from drowning. Are you serious about that job? Move down here, we figured out how to share an internet connection! Kinda!

(brought to you by Kelly, Sarah AND a cracked-out Sephie)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home