Sunday, September 26, 2004

Where'd my weekend go?

I'm suffering from Anathema Syndrome. I consumed a Coolatta and a cup of tea today, so I'm a little wound for sound at the moment. Should be sleeping, have to get up at 5:45. Watching football instead.

Grandparents are here from Canada. This means I have gotten jack done when it comes to work. I graded papers during Charmed (one of the better episodes of late, the fact that I didn't see the first 15 minutes notwithstanding) and looked at what I'm planning on doing with my freshmen for tomorrow. All the goals of putting together my mythology unit have gone the way of the dodo bird. Maybe I'll stay a little later at school tomorrow and get some crap done.

My Vikings won today. I'm now 2-1. 2-1 is not a bad way to start the season. I'll take it, certainly. UCONN also HAMMERED the Army on Saturday. The Huskies were winning by about 24 points at half time, so bf & I left. In the long run a bad idea because we ended up getting into it. Partially my fault, as he had me driving stick and, well, it's hard and I don't like it and it's frustrating. So I wanted to be done because I was sick of screwing up. I'm a perfectionist, what can I say? When I don't get something the first time, I get mad at myself. And if anyone has ever tried to learn something from a significant other, you know how it can be. I wish my cousin HAD taught me while I was in Canada. Would've been much less stressful. It just degenerated from there.

I'm starting to put weight back on again. Gotta go back on the "diet" again. It's hard to eat right at home. I wish my mom wouldn't cook some of the stuff that she does. I wish I had more self-control. Although Shape magazine says that it's not low-carb or low-fat, it's portion control. I guess I need to learn better portion control. If someone would just put a portion on my plate and then take the other food away and not let me at it, I'd be okay. But if there's more there (especially pasta/rice), I'm going to have more of it. I know this is broken-record stuff, but it's still an issue and I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Like so many things in my life.

2 Comments:

At 9/27/2004 2:28 PM, Blogger Likestrek said...

I too liked Charmed although didn't they do "Wyatt's dreams come to life" already? And is The Seer the same one that worked for the Source, and Cole, in a new body or a completely different person?

 
At 9/27/2004 9:24 PM, Blogger LadyVader said...

Definitely better looking than the last Seer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home