Sunday, May 22, 2005

Some Thoughts

1. I am glad that they are getting rid of junk food in elementary schools, and limiting high school junk to diet soda and sports drinks. I hope they get rid of the Red Bull drinks too because, let me tell you, high school boys do NOT need to be drinking those things.

2. I had a very weird dream last night about work. It started out with the lacrosse coach (we don't have a lacrosse team) coming in to talk to me about one of my juniors who is failing. We're talking about this kid's grades when one of my sophomores comes in and ATTACKS me from behind. The worst thing was, no one, not even this fictional coach. Attempted to help me. Eventually the kid leaves and I spend about 3 class periods trying to find someone to whom I can report this. Finally my department head comes in and I tell him and he asks me if I have any bruises and when I say no, he says they can't do anything without physical proof. Then I woke up. WTF?

3. I wish I could go see Star Wars again today, but I have no one to go with and I'm not brave enough yet to go to a movie on my own. I've been reading the script online (some VERY interesting stuff was left out of the actual movie) and I just want to go see it again.

4. I drank way too much Friday night and realize that is NOT the way to handle things that are bothering you. The way to deal with things that are bothering you is to think about them with a clear head. I've got a lot of wounds that need to be healed, and they can only be healed by distance from their source. I am not the happy person I once was...I don't know if I was ever happy in college--moments of happiness, perhaps, but not truly happy. How does one find happy?

5. A and I might have found a place to live. We are very excited.

3 Comments:

At 5/22/2005 5:27 PM, Blogger Likestrek said...

I went to see The Negotiator and Elektra by myself. I didn't really enjoy the experience with the first film but seeing the second was all right. I'm not dying to see the movie again (Although I too still think aboutit.) but if someone asked I would.

 
At 5/22/2005 5:28 PM, Blogger Likestrek said...

Oh I have an alcohol-induced amnesia story as well but I think I told you about it when it happened. Cinqo de Mayo.

 
At 5/23/2005 4:21 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I have no idea where to find happy, but I think I'm pretty happy. Doing things that scare me seems to help. Except confronting the cockroach phobia, that ain't gonna happen.
Good luck on the living situation... keep us posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home