Sunday, May 15, 2005

Time-Out

Parts of my life are in "time out" right now, as I try to sort through what I want, what I deserve, what I've been getting, and how the three should overlap. So, if I seem even more mopey, emotional and tense than usual...you know why.

I am boycotting paper correction for today. I got 6 out of 8 classes done, and while midterm grades are due this week, I am confident in my ability to get the other two corrected sometime between now and Thursday. I have two periods "free" on Thursday, so if I can somehow manage to use them to input and correct grades, the better for my life.

It's getting very hard NOT to read all the articles that are about on Star Wars and I don't want to have the movie ruined for me this close to game time. So I'm patiently (or not) waiting for the big day. I am REALLY excited. I'm sure you all knew that but...really, I am. 12:01 showing, then a 5:00 showing, then a showing the next day with anathema. Life is good, man.

Oh, weirdness. Apparently, Lucasfilm, under the guidance of Kevin Smith (Clerks dude) is thinking about a SW Television series set between Ep III and Ep IV. Now this could suck, but there are several positive factors:

1. Kevin Smith
2. George is involved
3. None of the "recognizable" characters will be involved
4. The whole first season will be written before they begin filming.

I'm not saying this is going to be the best thing ever, but with these factors, plus the lack of suckiness that was the Clone Wars cartoon series, hopes can be seen as flying slightly high.

All right, off to the drug store, and then it's time to write viewing questions for A League of Their Own

3 Comments:

At 5/15/2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Likestrek said...

Depending on the storyline, not having recognizable characters could hurt them.

 
At 5/15/2005 12:10 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Not even Chewie is in the series? I mean, he'd be around during that time, right?

Chewie loves you unconditionally you know; or at least, he would if he was real and he knew you at least a little bit.
But even if you don't have Wookiee love, you'll always have us. I hope everything works out for the best.

 
At 5/16/2005 12:51 PM, Blogger leila said...

Ehren read the novel (based on the screenplay) and told me what happened - I won't say anything except get ready for some ass kicking fight scenes ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home