Thursday, July 22, 2004

Lookin' for some good karma

Okay, anyone who loves me or even remotely cares about my well being should send really happy thoughts in my direction around 1:30 EST.  I have a third interview in the middle school, which includes a tour of the building.  I am not getting my hopes up, but feel free to think really good things about my employment happening really really soon.
 
I've been slipping off the bandwagon a little bit lately.  I'm getting really bored with my workout DVDs (I need to purchase some new ones) and it's been too bloody hot to walk.  I got in the pool and did some laps yesterday, but it didn't really count.  Also, I drank more than I should have last night.  Meaning, I had 3 glasses of wine when 1 is the limit according to the Goddesses/diet gurus.  It's not that I WANT to be bad...part of it is just living at home, I think.  There's more stuff to tempt me here, and I've always been a closet peer-pressure follower.  If that makes any sense.  And it might not. 
 
I've about 2/3 of the way through The Clan of the Cave Bear and I must say I am enjoying it.  Some of the story has been a bit...predictable, but I've been sufficiently surprised to keep reading.  Not making as much progress with Les Miserables.  Do you know why?  Because Hugo just spent about 10 chapters discussing the Battle of Waterloo (which actually didn't take place in Waterloo, did you know that?)  Anyway, since the book is set AFTER said battle, you can imagine my confusion.  Hoping we get back to the story.  So far, I learned that Eponine actually had a little sister.  Didn't know.  Feeling somewhat justified in my reading material.  As it is, I'm probably going to leave Hugo at home and bring lots of "lighter" reading with me for the trip to Canada.  It will give me a way to ignore my father in the car if he gets too obnoxious ;) and also give me something to do in the plethora of downtime that occurs in that really big state to the north ;). 
 
Today is the first day I don't want to go to work.  I'm tired.  I really just wanted to sleep in.  No dice, of course.  I'm hoping that one of my students remembered to bring his Scattergories game, because I don't have anything planned, and I promised them a fun day.  It's a waste of precious time, I know, but these kids are starting to fry.  Especially my first class.  What is it with my first classes?  They're just so...ornery and snippy.  My second class is always very friendly.  *shrug*

3 Comments:

At 7/22/2004 12:32 PM, Blogger leila said...

The whole diet thing? Same boat, girly-o. I am miserably in hate with my body, and I am too lazy and too complacent to do a damned thing about it. It makes me want to tear my hair out and scream. This much self-loathing (as far as body image goes) should not happen. GAAH!

 
At 7/22/2004 6:34 PM, Blogger Likestrek said...

I always loved watching The Princess Bride instead of class. The last week of school for several years in a row it would be done.

 
At 7/24/2004 3:33 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

So how did it go? I had a good sign: one of my patients is an English teacher- middle school, no less!- who is planning on going back to school for recertification this fall.
Well, I'm still wishing you good luck until I hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home