Monday, October 04, 2004

Missing my muse

After I took my shower this evening, I realized how much I missed my muse and how desperately I wish she and I could spend some quality time together creating magnificent things. Maybe I need to go back to Bewrite, the lovely people who published my first short story. I wish I was taking (or teaching) a writing class, because then I would HAVE to write, there would be no excuses. Of course, if I spent my "free" time away from correcting NOT online, I might actually get some stuff done. Like read my enormous pile of books. Haven't bought a new book (for myself) in awhile. Everyone should be really proud of me. We need our own AA-esque club: BookBuyers Annonymous.

I pulled a muscle in my neck this afternoon while I was in the car trying to take my cardigan off. Way to go, moron. I often pull neck muscles while in the car, and not for exciting, illicit reasons, either: I'm usually trying to grab something that is in the back seat and oops, here comes the pain.

I'm contemplating cutting meat out of my diet, except for rare (no pun intended) occassions. I just don't want to eat it anymore. I suppose sometimes I'll want a burger or a steak, but on the whole, meat just does not appeal to me lately. Maybe it's my subconscious telling me to lower my cholesterol. Who knows.

CNN just had a headline that said "Polish Withdrawl?" They were talking about Polish troops leaving Iraq, but all I could think of was going through withdrawl symptoms. In my mind, this was very funny.

Talk to my friend who's getting married and just got back from vacation. Yup, that relationship is fizzling. I don't know how to resurrect it, especially since she's about to go on the whirlwind wedding planning extravaganza. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to comment.

And now, a quiz for those who have gone through...withdrawl...

HASH(0x8b40e64)
You are purple. What a romantic person you are.
You're sentimental and forward-looking (those
are opposites.). You're a sophisticated and
refined--with a refind taste for chocolates and
wine (yum...). Tempermental and moody, you let
people know when you're angry. But other
times, you just sit and sulk. Alone. When
around people, you're a generous person, with
insatiable needs. You're a starving artist,
basically. You're enjoy getting into debates
over politics and religion with people of the
same intelligence of you. But you know they
can never convince you otherwise, you stubborn
person, you. As a unique person you are (not
to mention just a tad bit eccentric...), you're
well-liked by either a few people, or too many
people...


What color are you? (Amazingly detailed & accurate--with pics!)
brought to you by Quizilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home