Saturday, November 13, 2004

Abundance of Suckiness

So, to recap. Friday morning one of my students died. Another was arrested the day before for selling ADD drugs and various illegal substances. We had snow and sleet. I drove to Maine in said weather. Got here to find a boyfriend who was obnoxious to his parents and well, making some poor decisions when it comes to me.

On the bright side, it dawned on me as I was driving back from Anathema's apartment that there is a gym near me. I have to go in and check it out, but if it is not too expensive, I might sign my fat ass up. It's about 5 minutes from my house--in the opposite direction from work, but that is okay. It's better than the 20 minute drive I used to have to do to go to the gym in the completely opposite-ass direction.

I must say, however, that spending Thursday wtih Anathema was muy fun. We poked around the mall, bought some unmentionables, and ate lunch at Friday's. It was good to just hang out with her, especially because I have no contact with my female friends. Ever. It blows chunks. I need to manage my time better.

So I didn't get in 1/2 my grades like I was supposed to because I thought one of the reading teachers hadn't done hers yet. Turned out she had, but she'd forgotten to give me a copy of them. So I don't know how much trouble I'm going to be in, but I hope not too much. Not to be defensive, but I did mention in front of several of my colleagues during the week that I was just waiting on this one woman's grades and no one ever said to me "You didn't get yours yet? I did." So, well, yeah. I'm still a moron, but other people didn't help any.

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2004 10:48 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I already heard and responded to most of this via email, but yeah, that sucks. And ... ugh. You deserve so much better.

 
At 11/15/2004 12:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Good luck with this week. Seems like lately you've been having a tough time. I sincerely hope things pick up soon. Sounds like more Anathema time is needed. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home