Monday, December 20, 2004

SNOW DAY!

My first snow day as a teacher. Of course, I still haven't gotten a phone call, but the school's name keeps popping up on the bottom of Channel 3 so...yay! We have 5 or 6 snow days built into our year, so I'm not too bummed about the June impediment. Yeah, I've been up since 5 am but...well, I don't mind being awake. I know that makes me a freak. I'll probably read some, maybe even write...I got all my lessons planned and papers graded yesterday, so I won't have to do any of that stuff today. I've got a whole bunch of movies; maybe I'll spend my day watching those.

The dog is snoring. Funny.

So, my brother left the house at 5am yesterday. To go to his ex-girlfriend's new apartment. She'd been calling him all night. I picked up the phone twice in the middle of the night only to have no response--it was probably her. This, for those of you who don't know, is the girl who's as old as my bf. My brother is 4 years younger than I am. I'm trying to figure out what a 26-year-old-woman sees in a 21-year-old man. Because...yeah. Well, anyone with any insight that won't skeeve me out (this is my brother we're talking about) please share.

I wrapped all of my presents yesterday. It seemed like I bought more than I actually did, but it felt good to put people's names on the prettily-wrapped packages and know that someone was (hopefully) going to smile by what I gave them. I already spread some Xmas joy over to Iraq, so I got that little high early, but I am eager to see other people happy. How sappy is that?

I did indulge for myself on Saturday and bought some VS pajamas with the giftcard they sent me for my birthday. They're pretty, but the top is taking some getting used to.

"Women Obsessed with Psychics, next Dr. Phil." Who the heck makes up this stuff?

Hope everyone has a fantabulous Monday!

4 Comments:

At 12/20/2004 11:13 AM, Blogger Tusc said...

The brother thing.... hmm, the only answer I have that includes no skeeviness would be the following. She's a 26 year-old loser. Drinks, smokes fatties, makes no money and works at bars while pretending to be a starvign artiste photographer. She is getting older, getting heavier and less attractive and her clock is ticking. Now she sees Chris, a smart young guy who is now making some good money. She gets an apartment and welcomes the fly to the trap. Now I am sure that as far as Chris is concerned, this whole thing is entirely recreational, but she has plans... even if they are subconscious. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BTW - cool that you have a snow day. The rest of us had two hour commutes to work, despite leaving early. I'll call when I get a chance to have lunch. Enjoy your movies and what I can only assume to be a hefty helping of Bloom and Depp.

 
At 12/20/2004 4:09 PM, Blogger Tusc said...

Ug, this day is still dragging on for me. All is calm in the health center except the residents. Is there a full moon coming next week? Other than that, I can't say the day has been a total loss. I mean, cookies and candy everywhere from residents, employees, families, vendors, doctors. Yum! It all looks so good (and smells better) but I limited myself to one bar of Perugina white chocolate. MMmmmm. But where's the damned milk, I ask?!?!

 
At 12/21/2004 12:21 PM, Blogger Likestrek said...

Eh. I can't imagine what's going through her head but I will say that my mother seems very interested in fixing me up with an older woman. Of course, I'm 27...

 
At 1/01/2005 12:30 PM, Blogger jayiin mistaya said...

Your brother's 26-year-old gf probably likes the 'intensity' of younger men (this is coming from a woman I know who only dates younger men), but from what I've seen, younger men dating older women tend to try harder to 'prove themselves' and end up being at said older woman's beck-and-call.

'Room service' seems to be an admirable trait in a man. Again, or so I'm told.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home