Wednesday, January 05, 2005

ADD Induced Miscellany

First, the lyrics to "Party Like a Rock Star" by JTXperience...'cause it's a cool song.

Got a broken heart again
It must be the millionth time
You're out with all your friends
And I'm home alone and crying
You said we'd last forever
Forever came at noon
Tonight there's only one thing to do

[Chorus]
I'm gonna party like a rock star
Hit a bunch of strip bars
Wake up naked in a hotel room
Throw my TV out the window
Smoke a bunch of endo
Anything to get my mind off of you
Find a telephone pole to wrap around my car
And party like a rock star.

After all the nights we spent cuddling on the couch
And all the parties I passed up cause you didn't feel like going out
I guarentee you Steven Tyler didn't put up with crap like this
Tonight I'm makin' up for what I missed

[Chorus]

[Instrumental]

And the more I think about it
The less it hurts inside
Cause tonight I'm wanted dead or alive

[Chorus x 2]

Party like a rock star
We gonna
We gonna
We gonna
Party like a rock star
Everybody say Party
Everybody say Party, like a rock star
Dude looks like a lady

Next, a dream I had: I was at a nursing home that was actually a renovated old Victorian house with two other people. We had to call an ambulance because my grandmother (the one who's been dead for 30 years) wanted some information on a friend of hers, plus was having some sort of health problem. I had to wait in the living room for the ambulance to show up. Anyway, she's okay, and then the house is all of a sudden a B&B in the Scottish highlands, owned by this black heiress. In said B&B, some sort of family wedding is going on (not my own) and all of my father's family is there. Then myself and the heiress are riding through the highlands with a German shepard (presumably mine) and we are approached on horse back by a group of men (black) who want to attack us. Some sort of fight ensues, I think I fell off my horse, then I passed out. When I awoke in a big comfy bed, I asked about my dog and the heiress brought me this little puppy instead. I started crying. That's when I woke up.

According to dreammoods.com:

Grandmother-To see your grandmother in your dream, represents nurturance, protection, and unconditional love. Consider the qualities and characteristics that exist in your own grandmother.

House-To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. To dream that you are in the living room, represents the image that you portray to others and the way which you go about your life. It is representative of your basic beliefs about yourself and who you are.

Telephone-To see or hear a telephone in your dream, signifies a message from your unconscious or some sort of telepathic communication. You may be forced to confront issues which you have tried to avoid.

Hotel-To see a hotel in your dream, signifies a new state of mind or a shift in personal identity. You need to move away from your old habits and old way of thinking.

African American-To see an African American in your dream, signifies your roots and heritage. You may need to discover the soul within your own self. Additionally, you are ready to be more expressive and creative.

Family-To see your own family in high spirits in your dream, symbolizes harmony and happiness.

Wedding-To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. Dreams involving weddings are generally negative and highlight some anxiety or fear. It often refers to feelings of bitterness, sorrow, or death. Alternatively, wedding dreams reflect your issues about commitment and independence.

Horseback Riding-To dream that you are riding a horse, denotes that you will achieve success through underhanded means.

Hills-To dream that you are climbing a hill, signifies your struggles in achieving a goal. To dream that you are standing on top of a hill, signifies that you have succeeded in your endeavors or that you have now have the resources to complete a task at hand.

Fighting-To dream that you participate in a fight, indicates inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting for its right to be heard. It may also parallel a fight or struggle that you are going through in your waking life.

Dog- To see a dog in your dream, indicate a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated. Alternatively, dogs may symbolize intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. Your own values and intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and succeed. If the dog is dead or dying, then it indicates a loss of a good friend. Alternatively, it represents a deterioration of your instincts.

Bed-If you are waking up in different and/or unknown beds, then it represents the consequences of the decisions you have made.

So I'm in inner turmoil, will succeed through devious means, need some nurturing, have lost a good friend and my insticts are decaying. My, isn't that pleasant?

Oh, and just to piss me off, my trip to TX is starting to get both more complicated and more expensive than planned. I am so pissed off about that.

1 Comments:

At 1/06/2005 10:31 AM, Blogger Tusc said...

Control your dream, control your fate? That may not be one hundred percent applicable, but I do believe that if you can control your dream you might be able to bring about more personal change or adaptation. I can't always control each and every dream I have, but it is sometimes interesting to just watch from a third-person perspective, too.

On the flip side... I sometimes has some messed up dreams that actually scare me. I'm talking Salvador Dali-esque with very dark topics. More often than not, those types of dreams hit me when I am not conscious enough to do anything other than roll with the punches and try to interpret it after the fact. My dreams range from abstract and silly to verbatim video footage of future events. The future ones are funny though... it's like watching a director's cut because there is often no sound unless there is very crucial communication. The way they usually present themselves is as video with a sound reel of senses... inner thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, etc.

But I'm off topic. I guess all I can say is this... I dream entirely too much. If I actually get to bed at a normal hour, I dream all night and am exhausted the next day from being mentally awake all night and going through various emotional highs and lows. Solution? I don't go to sleep until I am so physically exhausted that I pass out and do not remember dreaming. Hence my 3 and 4 hours of sleep each day. Life is a learning experience. I would rather not be getting the Cliff Notes in my dreams at night.

Perhaps you should try having camemile (spelling?) tea before bed. Warm milk? Tea, honey and wisky? =)

Ah well... I am jealous of your day off. Enjoy! The roads were icy and shitty today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home