Thursday, December 30, 2004

Drive-home poetry

This poem is brought to you by some deep insecurities, and a Dido song about overcoming addiction. My brain does weird things.


I came here with
myself tonight,
but I'm hoping to leave
with someone else.

Because the girl
I brought isn't
much of what
I thought she'd be.

I need someone stronger,
who'll speak her mind freely,
who speaks with her muse
and is great at it all.

So pass me a margarita,
with a jack and coke to chase,
because the girl who shows up
after Jaeger and wine

is much more entertaining
to have around.

2 Comments:

At 12/31/2004 12:38 PM, Blogger Tusc said...

::smacks forhead:: Is this the start of another discussion?

 
At 12/31/2004 2:36 PM, Blogger LadyVader said...

No, just a poem. Fear not, dahling, I'm as stable as ever. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home